Bernard Giudicelli has been heard ! The president of the French tennis Federation had requested a wild card to participate in the final phase of the next Davis Cup without passing through the dams of the month of march, and the organizers assigned him. It was France and Serbia who have received an invitation for the next edition, which will take place from 23 to 29 November 2020. The announcement was made this Saturday, and after consultation of the committee composed of two representatives of the international Federation, a representative of Kosmos (the group of Gerard Piqué, organiser of the competition) and a former player.
A pity for the fans…
After the elimination of the Blues in the quarter-finals, a synonym of non-direct qualifier for the next final phase, Bernard Giudicelli had justified this demand for wild-card, saying that he wanted to avoid for French players to pass by a dam on 6-7 march in this year’s 2020 olympic was going to use the bodies and heads. A pity for the fans who were hoping for a home game in five matches (such as at former Davis Cup) but in two sets to win… the draw of The dams, with the 12 teams eliminated in the group stage this year, and the 12 winners of the dams in group I in September last year, will take place Sunday afternoon.
The teams that qualified for the dams
– 12 eliminated in the group stage : Japan, Croatia, Chile, Belgium, Colombia, Kazakhstan, netherlands, Usa, Italy, Australia, Germany, Argentina
– 12 winners of the dams of group I : Brazil, Ecuador, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, South Korea, Czech Republic, Sweden, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Belarus, Pakistan or India (to match the 29-30 November)
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE
- The the most iconic models of the 1970s
- Team of France of football : what cars have the players
- Hybrid or electric : what are the benefits ?